Sunday, July 13, 2003

Got a little behind in blogging....a lot happened yesterday...in short

-I'm a yellow belt in Kuk Sool....it's a start
-I went to see the Italian Job....good fun flick, especially as I'm currently suffering from CGI fatigue...and this is good...a hybrid of Gone in 60 Seconds and the Ocean's Eleven remake. Just a fun watch.

-Today, I went to see my little brother race his Camaro in a sort-of drag race....it's more complicated than that he tells me. Whatever. Yeah, I know what you may be thinking, that it's all a pack of trailer/white trash with gas fumes in the brain, and to a small extent that's true. But I get it, it's a celebration, a festival of raw power, of many and machine. It hit me when my brother's car took off the starting line....I was thirty feet away, and I could FEEL the damn engine like some goddamn caged dragon trying to tear loose from the car, and it wasn't operating at top form. I don't agree with some of the chances he takes with the car, but I have to admit to tame that machine takes some skill, and that is what this is about.

Another thing to keep in mind is: these are THE PEOPLE. The ones who watch the popular stuff, the guys who the politicans race after. And while I may not agree with them...well...THEY DON'T CARE WHAT I THINK, because they realize that in the end...I'M JUST LIKE THEM. I don't really know better, I just sometimes like to think I do, and they have the exact same opinion. Not a revelation, by any means, but a reminder that no matter what I think, they are the ones who ultimately make the decisions, and that anyone who gets into power of any kind has to by definition, keep their interests at heart.

Just a few thoughts,

Michael

No comments: