Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Well, I seem to be getting the shaft from the local companies. Apparently the only jobs available for people under 30 are at the call centers. And people in this town wonder why the young folks leave.

I'll tell you why: WE DON'T WANT TO WORK IN FUCKING CALL CENTERS!

Here's the bitch of it; All of the friends I have in this town are a lot like me. We all decended from immigrant parents who gave up their homes, travelled what was then an unimaginable distance, and built a life and a family here out of next to nothing. They raised us with the values of being close to our families and our communities. They also taught us to aspire to higher positions in life; to become leaders of the community and to aim as high as our dreams and ability could take us.

Now it looks like we have to choose between being with our families or following our dreams, and that is the reason I get so angry at this town sometimes.

Sorry, I'll have more fun news and thoughts tomorrow, it's been a bad day.

Michael

No comments: