Monday, December 28, 2009

An Open Letter to Disney

Greetings,

My name is Michael and I'm a lifelong consumer and enthusiast of the fine Marvel Entertainment products which you are adding to your media group. I feel that Disney is well-positioned to take advantage of this opportunity to use the very best of Marvel and to bring it to wider recognition in multi-media projects. However, I also feel it is of vital importance that for Disney to capitalize on this new acquisition to help solidify Marvel's position in the comics market and to help establish Disney as a force of high-quality product in this medium. I believe the best way to do this would be to appoint Mr. Brad Bird as the new Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics.

This is not to disparage the fine work of the current EIC, one Mr. Joe Quesada or any of the current Marvel editorial staff. However, I feel that Mr. Bird brings with him experience not only in the superhero genre of which Marvel Comics is an integral part, but a longstanding familiarity with the needs and requirements of Disney. It is my opinion that Mr. Bird will usher in an even higher standard of quality and excellence in the Marvel Comics brand, allowing for Disney to maximize the return on their considerable investment.

It is my hope that in this new year you receive this letter and others like it from other enthusiasts and consumers of Marvel Comics product, and that your stewardship of the Marvel Comics brand leads you and the Disney group to continued success.

Sincerely,


Michael

No comments: